It’s hard to believe that PV America is less than 5 weeks away! To put that into perspective, 5 weeks ago found us at the week leading up to Easter Sunday (with snow still covering parts of my yard.) Whew! It’s astounding how fast that went by….Thankfully, summer-like weather is here and gradually, as buds begin to bloom and grass begins to change from a pale tan to a bright, vivid green, I am able to fully grasp that the days are longer (way longer!) and that the solar industry trade show season is finally upon us. So exciting!
This year’s PV America Expo will be held in Boston, which is pretty thrilling for me personally, not only because of my love for the Red Sox (just for the record, I have been a huge fan since I was old enough to talk), but also because I have spent a lot of time in Boston over the years, on business travel and for personal vacations, and so I have always held Bean Town near and dear to my heart. I will definitely enjoy dinner at Legal Sea Foods and sleeping in just a little later than my usual 5:00am alarm, but most of all, I am looking forward to fortifying the many connections we’ve made over the years, and to building new ones along the way. Being a very social person, this is exactly the sort of thing that gets my engine revved.
There are MANY reasons PV America is a must attend event for everyone in the solar community (the educational aspect alone is worth its weight in gold). Here are what I see as the top 5 reasons you won’t want to miss it.
1. This is the only event in the East that was created especially for solar professionals – think about that. Keeping up with the rest of the Country, the East has seen some pretty amazing solar growth over the past few years, with 2013 standing out as truly record-shattering. My own home state of Vermont was ranked #1 in solar jobs per capita. Pretty amazing. North Carolina ranked #3 in the country for installed solar electric capacity, while Massachusetts came in hot on their heels at #4. Going for the hat-trick (makes me think of the Bruins….but I digress), we saw New Jersey land at #5. The list goes on….and on.
2. The show floor. Showcasing the latest and greatest, as well as time-tested products and services that make our industry what it is – innovative, up to the minute, and cutting edge. Not to mention the FREE PV technical training and resources provided by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and Solar Energy International (SEI), which will be readily available right on the show floor!
3. Over 3,000 attendees are expected at this year’s show, allowing for infinite networking and business opportunities (I talked to someone, who knows someone, who told another someone….you get the idea).
4. 16 different Educational Sessions are available that will cover highly interesting and educational opportunities like “Commercial design considerations”, “PV installation best practices”, “Mounting and layout”, as well as over a dozen 20 minute “QuickTalks” sessions, so everyone attending is sure to walk away from PV America with a wealth of newly acquired information in their back pocket.
5. Master Speaker series featuring Richard L. Kauffman, Chairman of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority will discuss the Green Bank Initiative and Renewable Energy in the Northeast.
Add to this the 2 networking lunches that are sure to provide limitless opportunities for networking (hence the name), a “Beers with Peers Match-Making Session”, “Women in the Industry Program”, and the fact that PV America will be dedicating all (yes, ALL) proceeds to supporting the expansion of the industry, and this event is a proven win/win for all involved. I mean really, you can think of it as a “one-stop-shop” for all things solar!
So, if you go, take advantage of all that PV America has to offer and gain as much insight and information as you can while you’re there. And then take it home with you and share it with your co-workers, your customers, your partners, your supporters and your friends. Heck, share it with everyone!
We’ll be at booth #222, so we’ll see you there!
Committed to the connection
Industry leader EcoFasten Solar designs, engineers, and manufactures patented, watertight solar roof mounts. The company provides mounting solutions that are easy to install, cost-effective, rugged in fabrication, and unsurpassed in quality. Comprised of a seasoned and growing team of professionals with talent, ability, and drive, all EcoFasten Solar products are precision-designed with the installer in mind.